Death Note RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Death Note RPG

Choose or create a character and live in the Death Note world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

10 songs writing challenge

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
~C~
Mafia
Mafia
~C~

Number of posts : 1556
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Character sheet
Life Points:
10 songs writing challenge Left_bar_bleue1000/100010 songs writing challenge Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Type: Mafia
Bio: Carys Marie Williams; aliases C and Cassadee. Successor to Beyond Birthday.

10 songs writing challenge Empty
PostSubject: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:32 am

Challenge rules;
1. pick a character, pairing, or fandom you like.
2. turn on your music player and put it on random/shuffle.
3. write a drabble related to each song that plays. you only have the time frame of the song to finish the drabble; you start when the song starts, and stop when it’s over. no lingering afterwards!
4. do ten of these, then post them.

Fandom: Death Note
Characters/pairings: Matt x Carys, Near x Angel, Soar x L, Matsuda x Carys
Songs:-
1) Iris- The Goo Goo Dolls (Matt x Carys)
2) The Ghost of You- My Chemical Romance (Soar x L)

Last edited by ~C~ on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
~C~
Mafia
Mafia
~C~

Character sheet
Life Points:
10 songs writing challenge Left_bar_bleue1000/100010 songs writing challenge Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Bio: Carys Marie Williams; aliases C and Cassadee. Successor to Beyond Birthday.

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:37 am

Iris

Matt loved Carys, that much was true. After recent events, he'd begun to realise new things.
Matt realised he had been an idiot. He realised how much he did actually love his wife.
He didn't want the world to see him; they wouldn't understand. He just wanted Carys to know who he was; know he was still alive.

Everything was made to be broken. Hearts, minds, relationships, friendships...everything. He'd broken her heart, her mind and their marriage. As far as Carys knew, Matt was dead.
Was she still grieving? Was she happy? Matt didn't know, but he knew he was about to find out. He'd find out if she was happy.
Matt needed the closure; if she was with someone else and happy, Matt wouldn't take that from her.
He'd be like an angel. Invisible, yet looking over her, protecting her. That would make him happy.

Walking through the doors of the SPK headquarters, he saw her and he stood, a smile on his face.
Carys turned upon hearing footsteps and stared wide eyed at him.

"Matt?"

"I came back, baby."
Back to top Go down
~C~
Mafia
Mafia
~C~

Character sheet
Life Points:

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:42 am

The Ghost Of You

Soar stared blankly at the telegram.

"L is dead."

She couldn't comprehend it. She remembered him like it were yesterday. He was still alive and his usual sugar addict self. L was so brilliant, and she couldn't understand how this happened.
Then she realised...Kira happened. He died in Kira's arms, Soar just knew it!
Through her tears, she screamed out in anguish; screaming out his name, the fact L was never coming home finally piercing through her numb brain.
She was now aware of the pain ripping through her heart; her mind ached.

L was never coming home, all because of that bastard Kira.
She'd make it her life's mission to bring him to justice, in the name of L.

And of course, Soar followed through with that plan.
Back to top Go down
Matsuda
Task Force
Task Force
Matsuda

Number of posts : 716
Location : Ask Car... On second thought. Probably best not to.
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Character sheet
Life Points:
Type: Task Force
Bio: Touta Matsuda is just a normal happy go lucky man. He works in the police force and though naive, he is a good person. Also great with guns. He is very trusting, making it hard for him to think of Light as Kira, but he is willing to learn and listen.

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:06 pm

o-o
Back to top Go down
~S~
Task Force
Task Force
~S~

Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Character sheet
Life Points:
Type: Task Force
Bio: Current

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:32 pm

D'aw, I have a feeling this one's going to be a lot more depressing than the first one.
And shall I have a go? Yus.

1. Everytime - Brittany Spears (MattxCarys)
2. Final Day - Tokio Hotel (All)
3. Memory - Cats (LxSoar)
4. No Air - GLEE Cast (NearxAngel)
5. Seasons of Love B - RENT (All)
6. Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne (NearxAngel)
7. Origin of Love - Hedwig and the Angry Inch (MattxCarys)
8. With You - Jessica Simpson (LxSoar)
9. We're In Heaven (Remix) - DJ Sammy (NearxAngel)
10. Hot n' Cold - Katy Perry (MattxCarys)
Back to top Go down
~A~
SPK
SPK
~A~

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Character sheet
Life Points:
10 songs writing challenge Left_bar_bleue7000/700010 songs writing challenge Empty_bar_bleue  (7000/7000)
Type: Death Note Owner
Bio: After a complicated passed as a Wammy's student, she currently works as a new Watari to Near of the SPK.

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:58 pm

So......my turn as Carys ordered me to do. So....here I go.

1) Trouble-Ray laMontagne. (Matt/Carys)
2) Lucky - Jason Mraz (L/Soar)
3) Love you I do - Jennifer Hudson (~N~/~A~)
4) Nothing's Gonna Harm You, Not While I'm Around- Sweeney Todd- (L/Soar)
5) I'll Cover you - Rent- (L/S)
6) Another Day - Rent- (~N~/~A~)
7) I Should Tell You -Rent - (~N~/~A~)
8 ) Don't Leave Me - P!nk- (~C~/~J~)
9) Tango Maureen - Rent ~C~/~J~/ Matsu love triangle, both pairing implied.
10) Let's Hear it For the Boy - Denice Williams - (~A~/~N~)

Last edited by ~A~ on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
~A~
SPK
SPK
~A~

Character sheet
Life Points:
10 songs writing challenge Left_bar_bleue7000/700010 songs writing challenge Empty_bar_bleue  (7000/7000)
Bio: After a complicated passed as a Wammy's student, she currently works as a new Watari to Near of the SPK.

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:09 am

Trouble

Matt was born into trouble. Since he was a young boy he knew trouble and it really was part of his life. He didn't think that his life was really going anywhere, being a successor but not wanting to achieve anything made his life meaningless.

That had all changed the moment that his eyes landed on the brown haired girl named Carys. She had accepted him into her life and adjusted everything that he thought was meaningless. Everytime he thought that he was free of trouble though, it seemed to follow him.

The first time it happened was when he had committed infidelity. Her eyes lost their spark and she merely left ignoring the faceless women he had been intimate with. Yes, trouble was always following him. She had changed him to where he had felt guilty.

A year had passed and he had transformed to what she needed. When she managed to say yes to their reunion, he couldn't help but hold her close. She was a good woman for him, his woman and he loved her more than anything. She gave him love and affection, she was perfect for him. And he loved her. He loved her more than anything, thus he ignored the trouble, all that matter were the two of them.
Back to top Go down
~A~
SPK
SPK
~A~

Character sheet
Life Points:

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:13 am

Lucky

They were separated for months, through the Atlantic ocean they yearned for one another. He had tried to be close to her, but he wouldn't think it was possible. He was to involved in cases where she needed to care for the children at Wammys.

They were happy that they were best friends. No one really knew how long it took them to find one another. They had met when young yes, but when they really saw each other for who they were, their best friends were now more. He loved her more than anything and no calculation had prepared him for that.

He was finally returning to her. He flew through the waters, to the little orphanage with a wilted flower in his hand. He had forgotten the lifespan of a simple flower, but it didn't matter. He was lucky to hold someone close to him as he did Soar.

He saw her through the airport and could not help but smile slightly at seeing her. He got out of the jet and walked towards her. Before he could think of anything else she jumped into his arms. He had not only his best friend, but his lover and ally all in one. He really was lucky, unbeknown to him she thought the same about him. The dead flower no longer mattered for they mattered.
Back to top Go down
~A~
SPK
SPK
~A~

Character sheet
Life Points:

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:29 am

Love you I do

Angel looked at Near and a ghost of a smile appeared. She couldn't understand how she ended up with Near. He wasn't the usual man that she had ever met. He was awkward and independent. He was not very strong, but he was very smart. More important he had taken her heart. She was easily devoted to anything or anyone that she cared for. She gave him the rest of her. She couldn't see anyone else for her but him.

She had never felt anything like she did with him. She cared for him and yet her anger appeared just at quickly. She had been jealous of him as a child, then later she had noticed there was more to that when they first kiss. She smiled at what had happened two years ago.

He wasn't truly perfect, charm wasn't something he was born with. As long as he tried she would go along with what he wanted. She would take the long ride with him till it ended. She placed her trust on him and what he wanted. She knew it was stupid, but she didn't mind. It was true love made the smartest people the most stupid.He was the best at everything he had tried so she didn't mind taking a risk.
Back to top Go down
~A~
SPK
SPK
~A~

Character sheet
Life Points:

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 am

Nothing's Gonna Harm You, Not While I'm Around

They had learned to take care of each other when young. No matter if something was coming their way, they looked out for one another. They had protected each other from BB when they were younger. The demon had prowled around them, but they had sent him howling.

For L, he would never allow her to be harmed. As for her, she knew people left L all the time, but she never would. She would stick to his side, till death to them. She wasn't the smartest by far, he exceeded her tremendously, but she wasn't stupid. She overcame anything if it came to him.

People were close and being clever, but it wasn't like being true. She would never hide anything from him, it wasn't in her nature. They never needed to utter this, it was very obvious from their interactions. It was truly a two way street and their love kept the loyalty alive.
Back to top Go down
~A~
SPK
SPK
~A~

Character sheet
Life Points:

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:43 am

I'll Cover You

At a young age, Soar had learned that L would always cover her. He never really asked for anything but she had given him more than anything something had sacrificed. She had not only become his friend but he had become his lover. He gladly accepted her kisses, whatever she could spare him he would take it. He never wanted to be given anything but when she did return his care, he had become a selfish man. He needed everything that she gave him.

She was his White Queen in an old game of chess. Their love wasn't forever for life was always in danger, but they leased out their love to one another. They would always cover one another, they trusted each other to give up their possessions, them being their emotions.

Back to top Go down
~A~
SPK
SPK
~A~

Character sheet
Life Points:

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:50 am

Another Day

Angel couldn't believe it. He was rejecting her, he was kicking her out of his life and everything from him.

"I don't need you around me. Take you hair in the moonlight, your brown eyes, good bye" he said unemotionally.

She looked crush. He couldn't tell her that he loved her but it was too dangerous. Their love was never declared but there were obvious signs of their affection. As he looked away from her she stood in front of him and looked at him sadly.

"Don't promise me anything, I don't need a promise. Live for today" she whispered.

He twiddled his hair and didn't react to her emotions.

"On another day it would be possible but no, prove me wrong then, though I doubt you could, come another day"

She felt her eyes water and she wiped her tears. She had been pushed aside like some old toy he no longer needed. The case was more important to him than she was. She knew that if there was no today there would never be a future.

"No other course, no other way, no day but today" she asked. "Just give me today"

He shook his head and pointed towards the door.

"You're nothing but a little dreamer you child" Near replied simply. "Just take everything you came with and leave me be"

She nodded at him coldly, her tears no longer mattered. She took nothing but the clothes from her back and left him. As she slammed the door shut, he looked at his monitor showing her walking away from him. She wasn't just leaving for today, but forever she wouldn't return. She had only asked for one day, and he couldn't give her that.

He would miss her kisses ,her brown eyes, the way her hair shined in the moonlight, but it didn't matter, his memories would be forgotten. Her embraces would not bother him. She walked away easily as if she was expecting it, but he didn't care. He looked at his monitor and closed the window showing the video camera, all the mattered was Kira.

Back to top Go down
~A~
SPK
SPK
~A~

Character sheet
Life Points:

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:56 am

I Should Tell You

As they intertwined their bodies to one another. She had just asked for one day and he had promised her the one day. The next day nothing but the reality of life. No promises asked nor agreed. He knew that it was unlikely being emotionally detached would work, but it didn't matter to them, they would ignore the statistics and just take the plunge.

He had to admit that her brown eyes had made him crumble.

"Let's just live for today" he whispered.

He kissed her neck and she smiled.

"I should tell you I blew the candle just to talk to you" she said softly.

He pulled away from her and caressed her cheek.

"I had forgotten how to smile" he replied " That is until your candle wax burned me"

She giggled softly. Their secret would be kept by their souls and the moonlight. It didn''t matter, neither the moon, nor their souls would forget. They were trusting each other and were starting to learn how to play with fire. The fear of being burned no longer mattered, all that mattered were the night.

They agreed and went along with the one night only. They both knew that it wouldn't last, they didn't know where it lead them. Nothing was declared, nothing was promised, all but their emotions lead them. It was wrong maybe but their thoughts were not agreeing with them.

'I should tell you' Near thought.

'I should tell you' She thought.

'I love you' was what neither heard.
Back to top Go down
~A~
SPK
SPK
~A~

Character sheet
Life Points:

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:01 am

Don't Leave Me

Carys looked at Matt leaving. She never really meant to be so rude but it had happened. Her screams were heard enough. She could be so mean when she wanted to be, she was capable of anything.

Their relationship was a constant battle. When she was heartbroken she would cut him into pieces with her verbal lashes. She always replied that he didn't need it.

"I don't need you" Matt hissed.

She glared at him and nodded.

"I could say the same thing"

Neither had been that nasty but while bringing the best out of each other also brought the worst. It was a battle of dominance, they meant every tongue lashing but neither wanted it to end.

'Please don't leave me' she thought sadly.

She thought he was so beautiful to her, they were each other's punching bag. It was rough it was spontaneous but it was their love. Thing were thrown and anger raged between the two.

"God Mail don't leave me" she rasped out.

He turned to face her and they took one another. They battled for dominance yes, but their pride prevented them to say it. Love was also a battle and neither were willing to say it. The one who would fold would indeed give up the dominance.
Back to top Go down
~A~
SPK
SPK
~A~

Character sheet
Life Points:

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:20 am

Tango Maureen

It was not happening. They were not staring at one another no it wasn't possible. Matt glared at the idiotic police cop and they didn't know what to say. Carys had apparently asked both of them to fix her home for a party.

"Test the mike yeah?" Matt muttered. "Say something"

"Test one two three"Matsuda replied.

"Anything but that." Matt said.

"This is weird" Matsu said.

"Fucking weird" Matt agreed. "Thinking of drinking gasoline?"

Matsuda looked at him confused.

" As a matter of fact" Matsuda began

"Trust me I know this feeling" Matt interrupted "It's called the Tango Carys. The tango Carys, its a dark dizzy merry go round. As she keeps you dangling,'

"You're wrong" Matsuda protested.

"- your heart she is mangling. And you toss and you turn for her cold eyes can burn yet you yearn and you turn and rebound" Matt said disinterested.

Matsuda looked crushed.

" I think I know what you mean the tango Carys"

Matt nodded.

"Has she ever pouted her lips and called you 'pookie?" Matt asked smirking.

"Never" Matsuda shook his head.

"Did you swoon when she walked through the door?" Matsuda asked.

Matt nodded and sipped his beer.

"All the time" he replied. "So be cautious"

"Did she moon over any boys?" Matsuda asked.

"All the time" Matt chuckled.

Matsuda paled.

"I'm getting nauseous" he replied to Matt.

Matt threw Matsuda a beer and he caught it immediately. He opened it immediately and drank it as if it was water. The silence was looming and it frustrated the both of them that they were getting along.

"When you dance her dance you don't stand a chance" Matt said.

"Her grip of romance makes you fall" Matsuda replied grimly.

"So you think might as well, dance a tango to hell" Matt chuckled.

"At least I had tangoed at all" Matsuda nodded.

"The Tango Carys, gotta dance till your diva is through. You pretend to believe her, cause in the end you can't leave her. But the end it will come, but you still had to pay dumb, then you glum and you bum andturn blue"

Matsuda drank his beer before commenting.

" Why do you love when she's mean?" He asked.

"She's obcene. My Carys" Matt chuckled.

"Tango Carys" Matsuda repeated.

Seems both men were trapped in her love spell.

Back to top Go down
~A~
SPK
SPK
~A~

Character sheet
Life Points:

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:35 am

Let's Hear it For the Boy

Angel looked at the girls who looked at her incredulously. How is it that a girl like her was fond of a antisocial person like Nate River. She flushed at their looks and glared at them insulted.

"He might not be a romantic" Angel began ignoring the snort that Carys made.

"He has nothing to say!" Carys exclaimed.

"He loves me" Angel replied simply. "I know that he loves me anyway"

Soar smiled and sipped her drink.

"He dresses horribly" Carys continued.

"I don't care" Angel frowned.

"He might not be what you think a perfect man should be, but it's her life' Soar told Carys.

"At least he's rich" Carys giggled.

She glared.

"Does he have any talents?" Soar asked.

"He sings off key" Carys smirked.

"Whatever he is good at he does very well" Angel glared.

The girls laughed softly and still couldn't believe her.

"What do you like about him honestly, I don't see it" Carys whined

"I like it when he holds me close. He's mine and perfect the way he is" Angel pouted.

Soar and carys laughed.

"You say that now" Soar said.

Carys nodded.

"Just watch" Carys replied in a sing song tone.

"I know what I am saying it's right" Angel huffed.

They still wouldn't believe it, but they accepted it. What else could they do?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 songs writing challenge   10 songs writing challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 songs writing challenge
Page 1 of 1